Pothole Reporting

Potholes are bad news for all road users, particularly cyclists. Since the clocks went back the problem became even worse, because there is less chance of seeing one in the dark.
In 2014  the Government announced that every local authority was to be given extra money to fund pothole repairs.  Both Calderdale (£800k) and Bradford (£900k) were allocated significant money for pothole repairs as part of what was described as “the biggest investment in roads since the 1970s”.

This money has to be spent by the end of March 2015. So there is absolutely no reason why any potholes you encounter should not be filled in. Both Calderdale and Bradford Councils have set up easy to use processes for pothole reporting – you can even do this using a smartphone.

To report a pothole you can use the following links:-

For potholes in Calderdale go to http://www.calderdale.gov.uk/transport/roads/request-report/report-pot-hole.html

For potholes in Bradford go to http://www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/transport_and_infrastructure/report_a_pothole.htm

Whilst  you could use the CTC’s own pothole reporting service  “Fill that hole” www.fillthathole.org.uk  local experience shows that reporting directly to the Council  is the quickest approach.

More information on the Government’s Pothole Fund announcement can be found here:-https://www.gov.uk/government/news/councils-given-168-million-to-fix-local-roads