Morecambe Midsummer Midnight Ride Entry Form
Saturday 1 July 2023 (Meet 11:45pm Friday 30 June 2023 at 3 Coleridge St, Halifax HX1 2DF, for a prompt midnight start.)
For details, visit the Calendar.
Please complete all the fields, and submit this form, together with payment of £8.55 by PayPal, by Sunday 25 June 2023 .
(This gives the catering team time to plan for the refreshment stops)
For any queries: email email@example.com
Conditions for Entry
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- Your cycle should be in a safe, legal, and roadworthy condition, and equipped with lights at front and rear suitable for navigating unlit roads.
- You consider yourself to be fit and healthy enough to take part in the ride.
- You should wear a Hi-Viz top or equivalent for night-time riding, and carry suitable clothing for adverse weather conditions.
- This is an unsupported ride. It is highly recommended that you ride in an organised group for your own safety. Other riders will offer mutual assistance where possible, but you must be self-sufficient ie have the means to make minor repairs (minimum 2 spare inner tubes).
- In the event of being unable to continue, you must have your own back-up rescue plan.
- We will be travelling on Public roads and therefore you must be aware of other users, ride safely and follow the Highway Code.
- When riding as a group, you should follow the ride leaders’ instructions for your own safety, and that of the group. You should take into account the variety of riding styles and abilities of other cyclists. Take care not to reduce your standard of cycling when consulting route sheets, and stop in appropriate locations.
- You will be required to check in at certain points along the route, and especially the finish back at Halifax. If you are unable, or choose not, to complete the route, you must contact the organiser to let them know of your plans.
- You accept that Cycling UK cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability during the event.
Photos: I consent to photos taken in which I am included, being published on Facebook and other media.