Requirements and Guidance
When organising a ride via the Club Facebook Page:
- Make sure you are fully conversant with the latest Government and Cycling UK Advice and Guidelines, and do your best to comply. See:
- Mention that all riders must have read the conditions before they book on/attend, at: (https://calderdalectc.org.uk/rides/conditions/)
- Make it clear whether it is a:
- Ad-Hoc Social Ride (any Cycling UK member can organise; each rider takes responsibility for themselves. Cycling UK members are covered by 3rd Party Insurance provided they comply with Advice and Guidelines as in #1) Tip: publish a gpx file of the route that people can follow independently.
- Led Ride (led by named ride leaders only – you are responsible for the welfare of the riders, and are covered by Cycling UK public liability insurance provided they comply with Advice and Guidelines as in #1 ).
- Check that all riders are Cycling UK members which means they will be covered by Third Party insurance. Record their names so we can track and trace riders in the event of one of them subsequently developing symptoms.
- Ensure that it is possible to socially distance on a given ride (such as choice of meeting place and route), and at any cafe stops.
- Organise the ride to comply with the current restriction on group size. (A simple way to do this is to publicise the ride as a Facebook Event, stipulate maximum group size, and take the first people to book onto the ride. Note that Facebook ‘likes’ aren’t necessarily listed in chronological order.)
- Plan and run the ride in accordance with the Calderdale CTC ethos: we go at the pace of the slowest and don’t leave anyone behind. Details of the ride ( e.g. distance, hilliness, riding speed) will help people decide whether the ride is suitable for them.
In order to comply with the current guidelines and advice by the Government and Cycling UK, to keep riders safe, please read the following conditions for taking part in our club rides:
By Taking Part in a Club Ride you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- You are a member of Cycling UK. You can join via https://www.cyclinguk.org/join
Temporary membership will cover you for your first 3 rides if you download and complete the Guest Registration Form (Word Format) (PDF Format), and hand it to the organiser of your first ride.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your bike is road-worthy, and that you have the means to carry out roadside repairs, or to call for assistance.
- You have read and understood the latest Government and Cycling UK Advice and Guidelines re Covid-19, and agree to comply with them. See : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
- You do not join a ride if you or anyone in your bubble has any Covid-19 symptoms, or if you have been contacted by the NHS Track and Trace service.
- While it is the responsibility of the ride organisers and leaders to ensure that it’s possible to socially distance on a given ride (such as choice of meeting place and route), it is the responsibility of everyone to enforce social distancing and hygiene whilst riding, both on and off the bike.
- You will respect the safety of riders who may be more risk-averse than you.
- Remember that you are representing Calderdale CTC while out on a club ride.