We have a varied programme of rides ranging from 20 – 70 miles setting off from different points in Calderdale – including Halifax, Brighouse, Elland, Mytholmroyd, Sowerby Bridge. Rides include:
- Introductory/Easy rides of up to 20 miles, at a leisurely pace and avoiding unnecessary hills and busy main roads , where possible.
- Sociable “TInts” rides of typically 25 – 45 miles, with more time to chat at a morning coffee and lunch stop. Some people peel off after the morning stop if they want a shorter ride. The Tints are a section of the Club that evolved from the Autumn Tints Cycling Comrades, and have a loyal and very popular following. Riders of any age are welcome.
- Short rides of about 30 miles for a chance to get out in the hills, averaging 10 mph plus a café stop, generally back by early afternoon.
- Full Day rides of 40 – 70 miles, going further afield. In the summer we will normally get back late afternoon, having had morning – and lunchtime – café stops. In the winter the rides will be shorter. We will generally have just one café stop and aim to get back before dark, but it is advisable to carry lights.
- Evening Rides typically of 15 – 20 miles, during the lighter summer evenings, possibly finishing in a pub for post-ride refreshments and a chat!
- Car-assisted rides involve a car journey to the start. A chance to explore new areas, including more leisurely rides in flatter countryside like the Vale of York or the Cheshire Plains! All welcome, especially if you can offer seats in cars or space for bikes (Covid restrictions permitting).