- This event has passed.
Morecambe Midsummer Midnight Ride
Friday 30 June @ 11:45 pm - Saturday 1 July @ 5:00 pm
Calderdale CTC Standard Ride
130 Miles in 17 hours
Arrive by 11.45pm on Friday 30 June 2023 for a prompt Midnight start
From Oddfellows Rooms, 3 Coleridge Street, HALIFAX HX1 2DF (free parking available nearby in Preston Street)
Cycle either independently or in organised groups on main roads through the night, and into the dawn over Bentham Moor, to Morecambe. Then cycle back to Halifax over the Trough and through the Forest of Bowland at your own pace, to check in by 5pm on Sunday at Wetherspoons, Barum Top, Halifax.
Toilets, and refreshments at Skipton (22 miles) and Clapham (44 miles). Stop for breakfast at Morcambe MacDonalds (69 miles).
Those not wanting to complete the full ride can take the train back to Halifax from Lancaster (Trains every hour, £28.60).
(Use links at the top of the map to View Full Version in Ride with GPS, and Send to Device (i.e. download route file)
Entry Fee = £8.00 (£8.55 by PayPal)
Entry Deadline: Sunday 25 June 2023
- Enter online, and pay by PayPal or Card or
- Download, complete and return the Entry Form (Microsoft Word document) ( PDF File)
Conditions of Entry
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- Your cycle should be in a safe, legal, and roadworthy condition, and equipped with lights at front and rear suitable for navigating unlit roads.
- You consider yourself to be fit and healthy enough to take part in the ride.
- You should wear a Hi-Viz top or equivalent for night-time riding, and carry suitable clothing for adverse weather conditions.
- This is an unsupported ride. It is highly recommended that you ride in an organised group for your own safety. Other riders will offer mutual assistance where possible, but you must be self-sufficient ie have the means to make minor repairs (minimum 2 spare inner tubes).
- In the event of being unable to continue, you must have your own back-up rescue plan.
- We will be travelling on Public roads and therefore you must be aware of other users, ride safely and follow the Highway Code.
- When riding as a group, you should follow the ride leaders’ instructions for your own safety, and that of the group. You should take into account the variety of riding styles and abilities of other cyclists. Take care not to reduce your standard of cycling when consulting route sheets, and stop in appropriate locations. Please ensure that your rear lights have a ‘steady’ mode – following flashing lights can be very disconcerting.
- You will be required to check in at certain points along the route, and especially the finish back at Halifax. If you are unable, or choose not, to complete the route, you must contact the organiser to let them know of your plans.
- You accept that Cycling UK cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability during the event.
Photos: You will be asked to consent to photos taken in which you are included, being published on Facebook and other media. If you do not wish photos to be published, please contact the organiser.